Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Paperback flowers




I came across this tutorial ( thanks for sharing Dawn!) on making flowers out of old paperback books a while ago. I've seen version of these flowers on several blogs. I decided to give them a try and just couldn't stop playing. Our super jumbo and extra jumbo flower punches work perfectly with this technique. I colored the various flowers with different palette inks. They all are held together with brads-some also have an added button in the middle. I've got one drying now that I added stickles to- turned out so pretty. I plan on using it on a card I have in the works and will share it with you soon.

5 comments:

Barb said...

These look so pretty! Let me know if you need my address ;)

Suzanne said...

ooooh, aaahh, I'm going to have to try this! Lovely!

Angela K said...

These look so fun, I don't know if I could cut up a book though, hmmmm. TFS

Shannon Hensley said...

these are so cool!! I want to like, make a bunch and put them on headbands and stuff....

<3

Pueblo Fridge Repair said...

Appreciate this blogg post