Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Be Lifted

I'm so excited to be able to join in TAC's You Make Life Fabulous event. Different guest designers have been invited to showcase a variety of stamp sets- all which are on sale for 25% through the end of the month. The set featured today is called Be Lifted. I have had this set for a while but hadn't had a chance to play with it yet.  I love kites and I especially love the "uplifting" sentiments that come along with the images.  If you want to see more wonderful ideas head over to the Savvy Projects Blog and follow the links.

For my card I used Bazzill paper from a mono pack I had. The pattern paper is from one of my favorites- Rustic Chic. I love the colors and the patterns in this pack! I stamped the kite on some of the paper and cut it out, popped it up and added it off the oval a bit. The tail and sentiment are stamped in Rich Cocoa Memento ink.  I add a bit of stickles to the edge of the kite and the tail for some sparkle. I colored the bows with Copics and dotted the background very lightly with Copics as well.  I was going to add some ribbon but I ended up liking it just the way it was. What do you think??

7 comments:

Debra Miller said...

Love your paper choice and layout!

Paula-Kay Bourland said...

Debra, that is really beautiful. I love your layout and what you did with the paper. Nice work!

Mischelle said...

WOW! This is absolutely gorgeous! I LOVE it with this paper!

Chelsea said...

great card ... love how you paper pieced the kite!

Maria said...

absolutely, gorgeous! Love that you used Rustic Chic.

Angela K said...

I love this card! Just beautiful!

Chris said...

Great card...love that paper pack. :) Congrats on winning this week. woohoo!