Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Happily Grateful

Hi Everyone!
I know it's been ages since my last post- so much has been going on in my life! I was out of town for two weeks on a little island in the middle of lake Michigan with some girlfriends and then when I got back I had one week to get my house ready for a guest from out of the country that was with us for 2 weeks... mix in getting ready for my card class and doing a weekly layout for Scrappn Savvy ( where I teach) and my poor blog has been sorely neglected.  Hopefully now that life is settling back down I will do much better at posting!

Today I have a card for you that was inspired by this card I saw on Heather Scott's blog.  I loved it so much I wanted to do one similar so of course mine is a total case, with a few changes. The stamp set used is Happily Grateful- I love this set! The butterfly was colored with copics, covered with glossy accents and sprinkled with Prisma glitter. The result looks fabulous in real life. The background is stamped with the leaves from the set and overlayed with script background done in Sunflower palette ink. A few crystals are sprinkled over the leaves.  The pattern paper is some I had on hand ( non tac) and  the punch is Martha Stewart. Hope you like it!

2 comments:

Teresa Jenkins said...

I love this card, this uses some of my favorite images! Your butterfly is fabulous.

Angela K said...

Just beautiful!! So glad to see you back !