I'm excited to share this Star Accordion card that I created as a guest designer for Karen Burniston's Designer Challenge this month. I love Karen's interactive dies and thought the Star Accordion would be so much fun!
Back view open
Back view closed
Karen's accordion dies do all the work for you and make it easy to create unique cards sure to impress!
Here's how I created this card-
Diecut the following:
- 2 Star Accordion panels - white cardstock.
- 2 center star only from the main panel die - yellow cardstock
- 2 decorator stars - yellow cardstock
- 3 Palm Trees -tan cardstock
- 3 strips of grass- tan cardstock
- 10 Scalloped Fancy Frame edges- yellow cardstock
- 13 balloons - pattern paper
- 1 spinner - clear acetate
Glittered Monkey Star Buddy:
- Adhere transparent double sided adhesive to a piece of white cardstock large enough for the Star Buddy Peel-Off. Remove liner. Place Silver Star Buddies Monkey on adhesive sticky side down. Cover with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Brush off excess and polish with your finger to bring up shine and set glitter.
- Color with Copic Markers-E42, E57, G12, 0
- Trim out closely
Assemble Card- adhere base panels together, trimming off extra tab on right side. Adhere Fancy Frame edges to both inside panels and top and left of front panel. Adhere large stars to inside center and smaller stars to back side of panels. Adhere glittered Star Buddy panel to inside left side ( this will flip to the front when closed) Using a transfer sheet, adhere Star Buddy negative to back of right panel. Ink grass strips and tops of palm trees with Aloe Vera Versamagic ink. Adhere trees, lined up with each other, as shown. Ink balloons with Aloe Vera. Add white twine. Adhere clear spinner inside top of card. Adhere balloon cluster to spinner.( the spinner gives the balloons extra height for that wow factor!) Add additional balloons to front and inside as shown. Add Happy Birthday and stamped sentiment to inside right center. Decorate with stars and circles from Star Buddies Peel-off to complete.
Here are some top side views:
Thanks for stopping by today! Don't forget to visit the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog on April 15 to see all of the Designer Challenge creations from Karen's amazing Design Team.
974 Rectangle Pull Card ( spinner)
916 Spiral Circle Pull Card (balloons)