It's time for the Elizabeth Craft Designs Design Team Challenge for November. With Christmas right the corner the theme is gifts. Make sure to visit the ECD blog to see all the amazing projects from the Design Team members and get some great holiday gift inspiration!
Today I have 2 projects to share with you. The first is a mini sketch book I created for my son, who is an art student.
I created the tiled look on the cover using Shimmer Sheetz, Sea Glass Embossing Folder, the small gear from Karen Burniston's Clocks and Gears die and some alcohol ink.
1. Cut a piece of Light Blue and a piece of Bronze Metallic Shimmer Sheetz large enough to fit the cover of the sketch book
2. Emboss the pieces using the Sea Glass Embossing Folder and ink the embossed side with brown and blue Stazon Ink.
3.Back the Shimmer Sheetz with the new ECD Transparent Double Sided Adhesive. Use a 1 1/8 square punch to punch out the tiles and adhere to the cover of the mini sketch book.
4.Add finishing details of a few metal buttons and the small gear diecut from Karen Burniston's Clocks and Gears die to complete.
I wanted a masculine look for my son. I thought it turned out nicely and could easily be converted to any theme by changing the colors and embossing folders.
The 2nd project I created was a Tag Gift Card Holder featuring Chilly the Penguin.
Tag Gift Card Holder:
1. Ink tag on both sides with blue ink. Ink both white pieces with blue ink.
2. Score tag at 1 1/2”. Fold up and add adhesive to the inner edges to form the pocket with the dotted side out.
3. Adhere red reinforcer to hole on top. Adhere trees behind top right of red piece then adhere to pocket front.
4. Adhere “to and from” piece on back (dotted side) about 1/8” from bottom. Add 1 lrg and 2 sm snowflakes, add glitter dots to centers. Add 2 sm snowflakes to front of tag. Add glitter dots to centers.
5. Assemble Chilly. Tie tinsel around his neck and secure with glue dots. Add 1 large snowflake with a glitter dot in the center to top left of Chilly's head. Adhere Chilly to left front of pocket on foam adhesive making sure not to adhere above the pocket so the pocket can open to place gift card.
6. Tie blue elastic in a loop. Thread through middle of red ribbon and loop through top hole, leaving loop in back. Tie black and white twine around red ribbon with a bow on the front to complete. Loop is for attaching to packages.
I hope you enjoyed these projects and found a little inspiration for your holiday gift giving.
Don't forget to stop by the ECD Blog to see the rest of the Design Team Challenge projects.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies used:
SS0230 Light Blue Metallic Shimmer Sheetz, SS0215 Bronze Metallic Shimmer Sheetz, ECD Transparent Double Sided Adhesive,908 Chilly the Penguin die, 914 Outdoor Edges die, 951 Tags and More 1- Lace, 917 Clocks and Gears die, E125 Sea Glass Embossing Folder, 718 Assorted Glitter Dots, 8530 Snowflakes Small Peel Off