Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2015

May Design Challenge- Follow Your Heart

Hi Everyone!

Today is the day for the Elizabeth Craft Designs- Design Team Challenge for May. The theme this month was to use one of our new large stone, bricks or circles dies.


The bricks were calling to me to make them into the Yellow Brick Road which inspired me to create this card. I diecut the bricks twice from yellow bling cardstock to make it extra long. I wanted the road to get wider as it went so I used some of the bricks from the extra piece to fill in on the sides to make it wider, Worked perfectly! Next I needed the ruby slippers- I used the beautiful shoes/feet from  Jackie's Dolls 1 Peel-Offs- glittered and colored with E01 and R39 Copic. I diecut the letters for the word FOLLOW from Alphabet 1- Caps and adhered them to a strip of vellum. The word "your" is cut from an old book- I thought it would be a nice nod to the Wizard of Oz to use real book text. A glittered heart finishes it off. 

Don't forget to visit the ECD blog for links to all the other amazing Design Team projects You will be inspired!

Thanks for stopping by today! Remember to always follow your heart!




1 comment:

Lisa :) said...

I love this!!! So cute and creative!!!!!