Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Linear Sentiments Birthday Card



I made this card for my cousin Jeannie. Hopefully she won't see this blog entry before she gets the original! I used the new Linear Sentiments T-2956 stamp set from the Fall Inspiration Book. It's so versatile. I stamped and embossed the sentiment and flower lines on the striped pattern paper from TAC's Designer paper collection- Brighten My Day. The stamps fit perfectly in between the lines. I stamped and embossed the flowers, cut them out and staggered them on top for some pop. I curled the petals out with my fingers to give it dimension. I used Transcendence Embossing powder for all the embossing. I love this powder. It's sticks to Palette Inks perfectly and really highlights the details of the images.

One thing I wanted to point out is that you probably notice the happy birthday line doesn't exactly match up on one end. This is totally ok- this is a handmade card! I think it gives it character. Don't be afraid of less than perfect when you are creating.. what matters is that you create!

Have a great day!
Debra

supplies: Stamps - Linear Sentiments T-2956, Paper- Brighten My Day, Reg. Cardstock, Transcendence Embossing powder, French Lilac Palette Ink, Noir Palette Ink, Ribbon

2 comments:

Melissa said...

So pretty!! Love it. I am angel too! visit my blog anytime. :)

Sandy said...

Love it. I am a purple freak.